Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA


☺☺☺☺½

Brewery: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Chico, CA
Brew: Torpedo Extra IPA
Pour:
Heady pour. Head sits around for a good while. Lots of glass lacing. Really beautiful.
Appearance: Coppery-blush colour. Non-transparent.
Aroma: Pine needles hit you right on the nose. I could smell when I opened the bottle. Lots of fresh, fresh pineapple, too! Fruity-tooty.
First sip: Nice round hops. Almost a caramel-y malt. (I know I'm probably wrong on their choice of malt, but whatever they used, it's interesting.) Pineapple is huge, with grapefruit coming right after.
Mouthfeel: Not thick, but definitely not watery. Not too much bitey carbonation.
Finish: Hoppy finish with a lemony aftertaste.
Notes: Lovely!! I just burped and it tasted like a Christmas tree! Not bad for a 7.2% ABV. I knew Sierra Nevada could make a good beer!

1 comment:

  1. i use to have a shirt of that brewing company...here in my country there are not too many good beers, just the "artesanal" ones, not industrial. the other ones are good for some moments, but finally, too "plain". nice blog Suzie (Suzie right?). sorry if my english isnt too good enough.

    ReplyDelete